How to Wash A Weighted Blanket or Weighted Sleep Sack
We know that parents are busy, really busy and tired and busy! That’s why we wanted to make caring for your Dream Weighted Sleep Sack and Dream Weighted Blanket as easy as possible. The good news is that your products are designed to withstand frequent washing because let’s face it, accidents happen, from spit up to poop - oh, baby!
Can you wash a weighted blanket? Yes!
The good news for busy parents and caretakers is that you can put a weighted blanket or weighted sleep sack in the washer. We always recommend machine washing in cold water on a gentle cycle to make sure you get the most extended life out of our products. Another tip, turn the sleep sack inside out before putting it into the washing machine.
As for detergent, stay away from bleach or chlorine, even if it is diluted, as these harsh chemicals can cause the fibers in fabric to break down and shorten the lifespan of your weighted products. Of course, it’s always helpful to have a backup sack at the ready, so while one sack is in the wash, the other is on your lil one!
How do you wash a weighted blanket without a washing machine? No problem!
We suggest running the blanket/sack under cold water and using a mild detergent. You may want to pre-treat stains with soap but once again, stay away from bleach or fabric softener to help maintain the efficacy of the products.
Can I put my weighted blanket in the dryer? Go for it!
Ready for the dryer? You can tumble dry on low heat or lay flat to dry! That's it.
How often should you wash sleep sacks and weighted blankets? Good question!
We recommend washing as needed. The materials we use in our products are specifically designed to hold up wash after wash - and withstand all of life's little accidents!
We know you've made an investment in our weighted sleep sack and weighted blanket, so treating it with the appropriate care will ensure that it continues to provide the amazing benefits you've come to expect.
Now it's time to start enjoying your clean and comfortable Dream Weighted Sleep Sack and Blanket.
See our other favorite posts for further reading:
- Weighted Sleep Sack Safety and How It Will Help Your Baby Sleep
- How To Stop Startle & Moro Reflex Without Swaddling
- The Best Wearable Blankets
- How to Get Your Baby to Sleep Without Nursing
- Best Swaddle for Newborns
- Signs It’s Time to Stop Swaddling Your Baby
- Are Sleep Sacks Safe for Babies Who Can Roll Over?
- How to Get an Overtired Baby to Sleep
- How to Stop the 45-Minute Intruder During Your Baby's Naps
- How To Swaddle Your Dreamland Baby
- Baby Napping Close to Bedtime and How to Do It Right
- Cluster Feeding at Night: Why Babies Do It and How to Manage It
- Know the Facts: What's Safe and What's Not for Baby's Tummy Sleep
- How Should A Sleep Sack Fit?