Why Choose the Dream Weighted Blanket For Kids & Toddlers?
Weighted blankets are proven to calm your baby with Deep Pressure Stimulation so they can relax and sleep soundly.
Lightweight moisture wicking and breathable for year-round use.
Gives your child the feeling of being hugged and encourages comfort and relaxation.
Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Approved
Ultra warm & cozy
Benefits of Weighted Sleep Blankets for Kids & Toddlers
Helps kids & toddlers sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed
Reduces symptoms of depression, anxiety and fatigue
Extremely soft moisture-wicking polyester
Cozy, warm flannel
Provides calming comfort and security
4-pound weighted blanket is ideal for children ages 3 to 8 and over 30 pounds
Safe for kids and toddlers as long as the weight is appropriate and the child can remove the blanket independently
- RJRebecca J.Verified BuyerBaby's Age Range 18-24 MonthsBaby's Sleeping Style SideIs This Your First Child? No2 hours agoBaby's Age Range 18-24 MonthsBaby's Sleeping Style SideIs This Your First Child? NoReviewingDream Weighted Sleep Blanket for Kids & Toddlers Ages 3+ and/or 30+ lbsRated 5 starsBest blanket we’ve ever used
My daughter loves this blanket! It’s her favorite and the other kids try to take it too!Was this helpful?DBDreamland Baby4 minutes ago
We all need a weighted blanket!
- MMMeagan M.Verified BuyerBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? Yes6 days agoBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? YesReviewingDream Weighted Sleep Blanket for Kids & Toddlers Ages 3+ and/or 30+ lbsRated 5 starsObsessed
My daughter will not leave her blanket side! She is definitely obsessed with it! She also loves the idea that her baby sister has a sleep sack and she has the blanket so like twinning!! We’re all getting so much better sleep 10/10 recommend!Was this helpful?DBDreamland Baby3 days ago
Aww that is so sweet!
- JTJoni T.Verified BuyerBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style Back1 week agoBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackReviewingDream Weighted Sleep Blanket for Kids & Toddlers Ages 3+ and/or 30+ lbsRated 5 starsLOVE this blanket
My son has been having troubles sleeping. Since using this he has been staying asleep. VERY thankful for this blanket.Was this helpful?DBDreamland Baby3 days ago
Thank you for choosing Dreamland Baby!
- CFChieki F.Verified BuyerBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? Yes1 week agoBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? YesReviewingDream Weighted Sleep Blanket for Kids & Toddlers Ages 3+ and/or 30+ lbsRated 5 starsVery cozy and just the right size
I loved how it’s thick and just the right size and weight for my toddlers! This has helped us during our across state move.Was this helpful?DBDreamland Baby3 days ago
Thank you for choosing Dreamland Baby!
- AAAngela A.Verified BuyerBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? No4 weeks agoBaby's Age Range 3-8 YearsBaby's Sleeping Style BackIs This Your First Child? NoReviewingDream Weighted Sleep Blanket for Kids & Toddlers Ages 3+ and/or 30+ lbsRated 5 starsQuality Product and Grandson loves it!
My toddler grandson loves this blanket, said it feels like "a sheep," due to it's soft material. He falls asleep faster with this blanket on him. I love it, he loves it, I love that he loves it. A win-win in my book!Was this helpful?DBDreamland Baby2 weeks ago
Yay!! Thanks for sharing!
Weighted Blanket Frequently Asked Questions
Are weighted blankets safe for kids and toddlers?
Weighted blankets are safe for young children as long as the weight is appropriate and the child can remove the blanket independently. Our Dream Weighted Blanket is not indicated for use in any child under 30lbs. It is a suitable weighted blanket for a 30lb child and up.
Can a 2 year old have a weighted blanket?
The best weighted blanket for toddler is a wearable weighted sleep sack. An average 2-year old is not quite at an age/weight where they would be able to remove a blanket, so a wearable option that is weight appropriate is the safest alternative.
Can a 5 year old use a weighted blanket?
Yes, a 5-year-old can use a weighted blanket. When looking for a weighted blanket for kids, the key is to make sure that the weight of the blanket is appropriate. The ideal weighted blanket will be about 10%, plus one to two pounds of your child’s body weight.
Is a 15 lb weighted blanket too heavy for a child?
Yes, a 15lb blanket is too heavy for a child. The general rule to remember is that a weighted blanket should be 10% plus one to two pounds of your child’s body weight. For example, a weighted blanket for a 3-year-old should be determined by their weight and age.
Why do toddlers use weighted blankets?
Toddlers use weighted blankets to help them feel calm, reduce anxiety and help them to sleep. The best weighted blankets for toddlers have evenly distributed weight that provides deep touch sensory input to the skin, which is soothing to their nervous systems. When a toddler gets a hug from a parent or sibling, their brain releases dopamine, allowing them to feel good. Weighted blankets can elicit the same response!
Can weighted blankets hurt you?
Weighted blankets are safe as long as you ensure that you choose the correct size/weight. The general guideline to avoid a safety issue is to use a blanket that is 10% of your body weight.
Is a 20 lb weighted blanket too heavy?
A 20lb weighted blanket is much too heavy for a child but maybe an option for an adult who weighs at least 200 lbs.
Pros and cons of weighted blankets for toddlers?
The benefits of a weighted blanket are many. The gentle weight naturally reduces stress and increases relaxation while providing security to help children feel calm, fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Children also like the cozy feel of the blanket, often described as a gentle hug. The cons of weighted blankets are only if they are sized incorrectly. A child must be able to remove the blanket independently to prevent suffocation or other injuries.
What are the benefits of weighted blankets for kids?
The best weighted blanket for kids provides calming anxiety-reducing benefits. The sensory experience that a weighted blanket can provide can help improve a child’s sleep and decrease anxiety. They are often prescribed for children who have anxiety disorders or autistic children who can benefit from the naturally calming weight,
How heavy should a weighted blanket be for a child?
As a general rule of thumb, weighted blankets should be 10% of a child’s body weight plus 1lb to ensure that they can safely remove them.
Should a child sleep with a weighted blanket?
If the weight and size are appropriate, a child can sleep with a weighted blanket. However, the blanket must never go past the shoulder or cover the child’s face or head. Weighted blankets are not for use in a crib, and the child must be able to remove the blanket independently. If a child has a pre-existing medical condition or is injured/ill, a weighted blanket should not be used.
Can a weighted blanket be too heavy for a child?
Yes, the blanket must be the right weight for the child to be safe and comfortable. Most experts say that the blanket should 10% of a child’s body weight plus one pound to ensure that they can safely use it.